Sunday, February 27, 2011

Experimental Noodles with Meat Sauce (no recipe)

This was an experimental "zha jiang mian" that I made tonight.




I have been thinking of making a blog entry for 짜장면 (jja jang myun). Jja jang myun is a Korean dish consisting of boiled (white) wheat flour noodles topped with a thick sauce made from a salty black soybean paste called choonjang (춘장), meat, and vegetables such as potatoes and onions.

Korean jja jang myun is most likely derived from the Chinese dish Zha jiang mian (炸酱面). I generally prefer the Korean version over the Chinese versions that I have tried. Recently, however, I had a very nice "noodles with meat sauce" at a restaurant called Shanghai House.


My experiment turned out pretty tasty, but I'm not ready to post a recipe just yet -- and also I failed to take photos of some of the intermediate steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment