Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chicken and White Bean Chili


I debated whether to actually post this, because it's hardly even a recipe, but here it is.

I had a surplus of canned cannellini beans (I don't know why I bought so many) and had been experimenting with different ways to eat them.  I also had some really disappointing leftover fried chicken that I bought from Safeway.  The chicken was super dry but one breast piece seemed salvageable.  I decided to make a chicken and white bean chili.  It turned out more like a really chunky soup rather than chili, but the taste was pretty good.

Ingredients
1 can (15 oz.) white kidney beans (cannelini beans) rinsed and drained
2 c. chicken broth
6 oz. cooked chicken breast, chopped
2 oz. onion, chopped
2 tsp. taco seasoning
1 serrano chile, finely chopped
1/2 c. frozen corn

some of the ingredients

Directions
1. Bring the beans, chicken broth, chicken breast, onion to a boil.  I gently mashed some of the beans with a fork to try to thicken the soup.  I think next time I may just puree some of the beans with the chicken broth before adding the rest of the ingredients.

2. Simmer for about 5 minutes.  Then add the frozen corn, and serrano chile and simmer for another 5 minutes.

You could probably just throw everything in a pot and cook it for about 10 minutes.

I decided later that it could use a bit of color, so I added some chopped scallions to the leftovers the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment